This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Accounting & Finance|
Salary:£20,000 – £24,000
Our client based in Redhill are Underwriters to join their team based in Redhill, Surrey. Our client offers genuine career progression – with the opportunity to progress to a Senior role within 18 months. Duties include:
- Monitor the Underwriting Queue in order that proposals are processed in time and date order.
- Monitor the Underwriting queue.
- Underwrite credit transactions within personal lending authority.
- Recommend a course of action on all cases which fall outside personal lending authority.
- Advise the dealer network of all decisions.
- Enter into the negotiation process.
- Comply with the Data Protection Act and the Money Laundering Policy.
- To be aware of the Fraud Guidelines and to make referrals to the Fraud Unit as and when appropriate.
- Monitor changes and shifting trends within the area, being aware of the current activities.
- Identify any inadequacies in the systems/procedures and make recommendations to the Underwriting Controller, aimed at improving performance and service.
- Complete individual daily / monthly productivity returns.
- To be responsible for personal development with the support of the Underwriting Controller.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as and when required by the Underwriting Controller or the Underwriting Manager.
Skills and experience required:
- Education to at least GCSE level, ideally with the emphasis on English and Maths
- GP and Encore experience essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to exercise initiative and judgement